Monday, June 23, 2008

Blessed Beyond Belief

Hi all who may read this,

As a first attempt to "blog", I ask that you will consider praying for our family and Church and for me as I strive to grow to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ. I am 47 years old, Blessed with an incredible wife (Megan) and family and am often overwhelmed by the Love of God as He has chosen to manifest Himself to me. My son is Jared and he and his wife Beth are living in Wake Forest while Jared attends Southeastern Baptist College and Seminary. They are expecting our first Grandchild and we solicit your prayers for them, the baby, and their doctors. Our other children are Erin, who is 24, gorgeous, and living and working in Sevierville; Destiney who is adorable and every bit of thirteen; Ryan Grace who is beautiful, 4, and going on thirteen; Rylee Faith who is 2 and an incredibly gorgeous challenge as our "little Megan", and our 5th daughter is on the way, due in September around the 20th.

We are blessed to worship with an amazing group of real folks at Pinnacle Bible Church of Jesus Christ, and have been gathering together for almost 5 years now. We meet in the Glades Community at the Hemlock Hills Chapel off Proffitt Road and tell people to "come as you are", as we attempt to worship in Spirit and Truth, in a casual but reverent atmosphere. Our message is a simple one of biblical truth, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved, and thru and In Christ there is abundant life, peace, joy, strength and grace provision for every need.

In shorts and hiking boots, as pastor, I strive to honor the Lord Jesus by teaching the word in great detail, depending upon His Spirit who is Teacher and Guide, and we strive to worship thru passionate contemporary and traditional music and to remember God's Love which was demonstrated in Christ's Loving Sacrifice thru Communion and Prayer.

Perhaps my rambling has not bored you too terribly, and I suppose that with more practice the words will flow as easily thru my fingers as they often circulate so easily in my heart.

Thanks be to God for all He has done and for all He will do in Christ!

Numbers 6:24-26, Rev JeffO

1 comment:

Beth Ownby said...

That's a nice layout you got there Dad! I'm glad you've joined the blogosphere. I look forward to reading what you have to say and interacting with your ideas! Love you!